I do want to make special mention of Maeve; we actually met her in a photograph, because my dear friend Shauna (in the pic with me) will be going to Ethiopia soon to adopt her from Hannah's Hope. Her adoption journey started a little over a year ago; she has blogged her experience, emotions, and thoughts throughout this adventure. I couldn't be more happier, proud, excited, and in awe for Shauna.
Below is information from Shauna about the orphanage; if you have a moment, please read if just to become aware of the wonderful work occuring in other parts of the world.
From Shauna -- All God's Children International (AGCI), run their own home in Addis Ababa to care for orphans that are being placed for adoption. This home is called Hannah's Hope, and I couldn't be happier that Maeve is there. Everyone raves about the excellent care the children receive while at Hannah's Hope. Supplies are very expensive and sometimes difficult to get a hold of, therefore Hannah's Hope relies heavily on donations brought when families come and pick up their children. Maeve, and all the other children, are currently being well fed and diapered etc.. largely from these donations. When there are extra donations available, Hannah's Hope gives to the governmental orphanages, which are in dire need of these supplies too. When I go to pick up Maeve, my sister-in-law and I will be taking as many donations as we can possibly check, and then some.
If you are interested in donating to Hannah's Hope and other orphans in Ethiopia, this is a list of the items most in need:
Vegetable or soy based formula (powered form)
Diapers (especially small sizes)
Pull-ups
Diaper wipes
Diaper creams
Avent Bottles (gently used are fine)
Crocs for older children
Clothing for boys and girls (ages 4-13 years) -- especially pants and pj's (infants are not in need of clothing right now)
From Shauna -- All God's Children International (AGCI), run their own home in Addis Ababa to care for orphans that are being placed for adoption. This home is called Hannah's Hope, and I couldn't be happier that Maeve is there. Everyone raves about the excellent care the children receive while at Hannah's Hope. Supplies are very expensive and sometimes difficult to get a hold of, therefore Hannah's Hope relies heavily on donations brought when families come and pick up their children. Maeve, and all the other children, are currently being well fed and diapered etc.. largely from these donations. When there are extra donations available, Hannah's Hope gives to the governmental orphanages, which are in dire need of these supplies too. When I go to pick up Maeve, my sister-in-law and I will be taking as many donations as we can possibly check, and then some.
If you are interested in donating to Hannah's Hope and other orphans in Ethiopia, this is a list of the items most in need:
Vegetable or soy based formula (powered form)
Diapers (especially small sizes)
Pull-ups
Diaper wipes
Diaper creams
Avent Bottles (gently used are fine)
Crocs for older children
Clothing for boys and girls (ages 4-13 years) -- especially pants and pj's (infants are not in need of clothing right now)
If you are interested in donating an item(s), please let me know and I'll be able to set you up with someone who may be able to collect the donation(s) from you.
Thank you for taking the time to read this...xoxo
1 comment:
Thanks guys... Maeve cannot wait to meet you!!
Post a Comment