24, August, 2008
Waking up to the sun shining was a beautiful sight, not a grey cloud in the sky. I knew...today would be the day for a solitary run, to soak in all that Dublin's rare warm and sunny weather had to offer.
With shades on, Nikes freshly tied, layered outfit incase the wind picks up, I was ready to go. It's amazing what one can see and absorb when running versus walking or commuting via public transportation. The air was fresh despite the European trend of smoking outside (Ireland has a no smoking indoors law); the city was alive with people, tourists and non-tourists alike, all enjoying the weather. Today, I forgot, before heading out was the big Gaelic football finals at Croke Stadium (the 4th largest stadium in Europe), so I definitely wasn't alone in my quest to take advantage of the day. I ran through masses of green/yellow and red/white, the colors of the two teams, but was quickly able to break through the crowds and enjoy a peaceful run along the Liffey (the river) to the Dublin Port, which was an amazing sight in itself. The port was full of boats of all sizes; a vast cruise ship dominated the port's presence.
Running, for me, is a cleansing way of sorting thoughts, figure out my agenda for the day, dream, and solve the world's problems, but today, one thought was pervasive throughout..."I'm living in Dublin!!!" I'm not sure if I ran with a smile broadcasting to the world that something silly or happy was on mind, but nonetheless, I'm living in Dublin.
The pictures posted on this post is of:
1) Dubliners favorite beer--Budwieser (no joke); Dan B-G, this photo is for you!
2) St. Patrick's Cathedral
3) An area in the City Centre
2 comments:
Hey guys,
We love reading the blog. I sit and read it to Laremy while he's playing PS3. Miss you already! We'll be checking in regularly!
Lolo
Thanks so much for the bud pic for dan - i'm making him look into a transfer asap :) You know we miss you terribly, but - wow - so excited you two are actually doing this - and yes, R - you are positively GLOWING in your photos! Can't wait to chat via webcam soon! xoxoxoxo Mich
Post a Comment