I have been thoroughly enjoying my maternity leave thus far and am thrilled with our decision of me taking an additional 4 months unpaid leave...so, official return date to work is August 17th! It still seems too soon, but who am I to complain...I'd be back to work already in the States.
Brennan and I have enjoyed countless walks, coffee/lunch dates with friends, shopping, music classes, mum/baby yoga, and this week we start infant massage. I hope to be able to get pictures of him in some of the activities soon...we are really looking forward to Spring/Summer weather and more outdoor activities.
The Elbow Room is a pilates/yoga studio that is literally a 3 minute walk from our place...I went to their prenatal yoga classes and found it to be relaxing and very helpful especially during my labor experience. They have a wide variety of mum/baby classes as well as classes for mums with childminders in the room so we never have to worry about finding someone to watch our babies and we can also see them and tend to them if we need to. This week I started a body conditioning and pilates class for mums...Brennan did fabulous for his first day with the childminder, he hung out on a bean bag and bumbo seat, played, and watched the other babies. At one point, one of the babies started crying a lot which made him cry, so I picked him up and used him as my weight during the workout! :)
Check out the website for the Elbow Room...a week before Brennan was born they did a photo shoot for their new website design and asked for volunteers. So, check out who made the website! This is me at 36 weeks pregnant: http://www.the-elbowroom.com/ Just watch the moving slideshow on the main screen and you'll see me; there's also another picture if you click on Pregnancy & Postnatal, then click on Pregnancy, and then click on Pregnancy Yoga Classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment