Wow, has it really been a couple months since the last post? I left off at Edinburgh, Scotland and suppose I should now back track to February and start my update from there.
February 2009:
One of the perks and amazing benefits of living in Europe is the easy access to travelling other parts of Europe; the cost of flying to another country can be relatively inexpensive. For example, a flight to Edinburgh, Scotland from Dublin on Ryanair can be as low as 1 Euro...yes, that's right, just 1 Euro, which equates to $1.32, but with taxes and all the extra fees, the total fare may be around 35 Euros ($46.00). Not bad, huh?
Brian and I decided that for our birthdays we would surprise each other with trips that we plan for the weekend instead of spending money on things that we don't need (we're really trying not to accumulate stuff in our home).
For Brian's 32nd birthday on March 1st, I decided to take him to Bruges, Belgium. After seeing the movie "In Bruges" with Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson, he's wanted to go and explore the city. I gave him the DVD the night before as a "clue" to where we were headed...pretty obvious clue if you ask me. :)
We left on the 27th February and returned on the 2nd March. Bruges is amazing...so quaint, beautiful, picturesque, and stunning. The Belgium waffles, chocolate, and Belgium fries were delicious to say the least...Brian was able to enjoy his fair share of waffles!
More pictures can be seen by clicking the following links:
No comments:
Post a Comment