Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Irish Mums Day and a Birthday!


April 3rd was Mother's Day in Ireland (yes, I get to celebrate 2 Mother's Days...that's what happens when you have an Irish American baby) and what a treat I got...breakfast made by the boys, flowers, 2 cards (one from Brennan and the other from Brian), some alone time, and lots of snuggles!

3 days later I was lucky enough to have a 34th birthday and be spoiled once again! It was a beautiful day here...the sun was shining and the weather was actually warm. Brennan and I met up with 3 other mums and their babas (that's what the Irish call babies) at a wonderful cafe in Phoenix Park; we sat outside, ate, and had a good chat while the babas either played, slept, ate, or sat on our laps.
 Brian came home armed with bags of groceries to make my dinner request....a delicious, filling salad. It was indeed delicious and filling, but not so filling that I couldn't make room for dessert. Dessert was fabulous and impressive...homemade lemon cupcakes with cream cheese lemon frosting. DEE-LISH!


 Celebrating with my 2 boys made this birthday so wonderful; I look forward to many more celebrations!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: